Tuesday 24 April 2012

Andy Potts




The illustrator that has inspired me is Andy Potts. He is an illustrator based in London but originates from the west midlands. Since he graduated from Portsmouth with a BA Hons degree in illustration he has took up a career in the image making, graphic design, animation and art direction including a 7 year stint as lead designer at Abbey Road Studios. Over the last then years the illustration has taken up most of his life and he has worked a large number of projects with a number of clients in advertising, book covers and work for magazines and newspapers. 

Andy Potts uses hand made designs combined with digital designs which creates these interesting creative pieces. For my final outcomes I have I am going to be using hand made designs combined with digital designs which is linked to Andy Potts' work. I am going to be printing my designs onto T-shirts to create a urban look, I will also be creating a cyanotype and printing that onto a T-shirt also.

The images above are of Andy Potts' work which are my favourite pieces of work created by him and have inspired me in the ideas that I have come up with. My design is all to do with BMX riders and the bottom image is one of Andy Potts illustrations that is also many based on bikes which is linked to my ideas. In the top image he has used texturised effects and different colours which is also what I am going to achieve in my outcomes also.

No comments:

Post a Comment